English/Spanish blog from somewhere in La Mancha / Blog en inglés y español de un lugar de La Mancha

Welcome / Bienvenidos

Thanks for visiting us.
Gracias por visitarnos.
Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive

Sunday 7 October 2012

Classroom May I's / Pregunta con ¿Puedo...? en el aula



Which of these “May I” questions are the ones you use the most at school? Choose the seven that are most often used by you. And add to the list other new ones that you think are also important.

¿Cuáles de estas preguntas con "May I" son las que más usas en el cole? Escoge las siete que utilizas con más frecuencia. Y añade a la lista otras nuevas que piensas que son importantes.  

May I come in? ¿Puedo entrar?

May I leave? ¿Puedo irme?

May I go to the principal's office? ¿Puedo ir a la oficina de la directora?

May I see the principal's assistants? ¿Puedo ver a las jefas de estudios?

May I see the secretary? ¿Puedo ver al secretario?

May I go to the toilet please? ¿Puedo ir al baño, por favor?

May I drink water, please? ¿Puedo beber agua, por favor?

May I give out those papers? ¿Puedo repartir esos papeles?

May I collect those papers? ¿Puedo recoger esos papeles?

May I photocopy this? ¿Puedo fotocopiar esto?

May I sit closer to the blackboard? ¿Puedo sentarme más cerca de la pizarra?

May I sit next to the heater? ¿Puedo sentarme junto a la calefacción?

May I write on the blackboard? ¿Puedo escribir en la pizarra?

May I keep my things? ¿Puedo guardar mis cosas?

May I ask a question? ¿Puedo hacer una pregunta?

May I answer that question? ¿Puedo contestar esa pregunta?

May I say something to the class?  ¿Puedo decir algo a la clase?

May I help you? ¿Puedo ayudarte?

May I sharpen a pencil? ¿Puedo sacar punta a mi lápiz?

May I close the door? ¿Puedo cerrar la puerta?

May I open the door? ¿Puedo abrir la puerta?

May I shut the window? ¿Puedo cerrar la ventana?

May I open the window? ¿Puedo abrir la ventana?

May I lower the blind? ¿Puedo bajar la persiana? (se dice blaind)

May I lift the blind? ¿Puedo subir la persiana?

May I switch on the lights? ¿Puedo encender las luces?

May I switch off the lights? ¿Puedo apagar las luces?

 


Sancho Panza

I think you can also ask these questions with "Can" instead of with "May." Isn't that so?

Yo creo que estas preguntas también se pueden hacer con "Can" en lugar de "May." ¿No es así?


Don Quijote

Yes. But "May" is more polite and is used to ask for permission. One thing is to ask for permission and another to be able to do something with or without permission.

Sí. Pero "May" es más educado y se usa para pedir permiso. Una cosa es que te den permiso para hacer algo y otra que tú puedas o no puedas hacer algo con o sin permiso.


Michael

That's why when someone asks me one of these questions with "Can" instead of with "May," I answer, "You can, but you may not."

Por eso cuando me hacen estas preguntas con "Can" en vez de con "May" suelo contestar, "You can, but you may not." Eso quiere decir "Puedes, pero no te doy permiso para hacerlo."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Comments are very welcome. Thank you. / ¡Hola! Los comentarios son muy bienvenidos.Gracias.

Labels

Advent Calendar/Calendario de adviento (25) Animal rights / Derechos de los Animales (6) Art / Arte (14) Astronomy / Astronomía (8) Australia /Australia (2) Authors (21) Birthdays / Cumpleaños (30) Carnival / Carnaval (4) Christmas / Navidad (36) Compositions / Redacciones (14) Condolences / Condolencias (5) Constitutionalism / Constitucionalismo (4) Contests / Concursos (2) Coronations/Coronaciones (1) Ecology / Ecología (3) Extracurricular Activities / Actividades Extraescolares (8) Feng Shui (8) Field Trips (1) Films / Películas (7) Geography / Geografía (3) Ghosts / Fantasmas (11) Grammar to Get by / Gramática para apañarse (66) Halloween / Noche de Ánimas (27) Health / Salud (2) History / Historia (32) Human Rights / Derechos Humanos (13) Inventions / Inventos (1) Ireland / Irlanda (9) Laws / Leyes (5) Legends / Leyendas (42) Listening / Escuchar (21) London / Londres (5) Maths / Matemáticas (4) Memes/Memes (2) Messages / Mensajes (4) Mini Calendar / Mini Calendario (10) Mini Mythology / Mini Mitología (77) Mini Zodiac / Mini Zodiaco (12) Mr. Eddy / El Señorito Eddy (5) Music (4) Music / Música (102) Needn´t Be Lost Causes / Causas No Necesariamente Perdidas (4) News / Noticias (25) Novels (6) Nursery Rhymes / Rimas para niños (16) Obituaries / Obituarios (6) Other Animals / Otros Animales (7) People/Gente (44) Plants / Plantas (11) Poems / Poesías (85) Poems / Recommended Reading / Lecturas Recomendadas (10) Poets/ Poetas (40) Precious and the Air / Preciosa y el Aire (4) Recipes / Recetas (19) Recommended Reading / Lecturas Recomendadas (22) Saints / Santos (22) Sayings and Saws and Proverbs and Quotes and Maxims / Dichos y refranes y proverbios y citas y máximas (9) Science / Ciencias (5) Scotland / Escocia (12) Shopping and gifts / Compras y regalos (7) Short Texts to Read / Breves textos que leer (24) Songs / Canciones (118) Speaking / Hablar (14) Special Days / Días Especiales (107) Sports / Deportes (9) Story report / ficha de un cuento (25) Tales of a Minced Forest/Cuentos del Bosque Triturado (119) Toora Chronicles / Crónicas Toora (245) Trailers (11) Valentine´s Day / Día de San Valentín (11) Vocabulary / Vocabulario (37) Wales / Gales (7) Winter /Invierno (1) Writing / Escribir (12)

Blogroll