English/Spanish blog from somewhere in La Mancha / Blog en inglés y español de un lugar de La Mancha

Welcome / Bienvenidos

Thanks for visiting us.
Gracias por visitarnos.
Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive

Saturday 23 April 2011

Rosina



After hours of wandering through the thick of Minced Forest in search of true love...

 Tras horas de vagar por lo más profundo del Bosque Triturado en busca del amor verdadero...





Arley

Alpin, are you scared of spiders?

Alpin, ¿te dan miedo las arañas?




Alpin

 

Not since I was told most are edible. Look, Arley! A giant Easter egg! Could that be chocolate?

No desde que me dijeron que la mayoría son comestibles. ¡Mira, Arley! ¡Un huevo de Pascua gigante! ¿Será de chocolate?





Arley

That has to be the bunker we are looking for. Artemius said it was egg-shaped and half-buried and covered with moss and graffiti. I can´t see a door. Well, where there are no doors, maybe they aren´t necessary. We can try walking through the walls but it would be rude not to knock first, so I will give a symbolic knock although it’s not likely anyone will hear.

Ese tiene que ser el  bunker que estamos buscando. Artemio dijo que tenía forma de huevo y estaba medio enterrado y cubierto de musgo y graffiti. No veo una puerta. Bueno, donde no hay puertas, a lo mejor es que no hacen falta. Podemos intentar atravesar las paredes, pero sería de mala educación no llamar a la puerta primero. Así que voy a dar un golpe simbólico con los nudillos aunque lo más probable es que no lo oiga nadie.




Rosina

Hi. There is food on the other side of the building. And I´ve left a saltshaker there.

Hola. Hay comida al otro lado del edificio. Y he dejado un salero.



Arley

Thank you. I – I didn´t come here to eat. I wanted to tell you that... your voice is lovely. I- I don´t know if I am doing this properly but I will tell you right out that I think I´m in love with you and I would like to get to know you better.

Gracias. Yo… yo no he venido aquí a comer. Quiero decirte que…tu voz es preciosa. No sé si estoy haciendo esto bien, pero te lo voy a decir directamente. Creo que estoy enamorado de ti y me gustaría conocerte mejor.



Rosina

Why, I´m flattered! And what would you like to know about me?

¡Vaya! Me siento halagada. ¿Y qué te gustaría saber de mi?



Arley

I would like to know everything. Like what your name is, to begin with. So I can sing your praises properly. 

Me gustaría saberlo todo. Tu nombre, para empezar. Y para poder cantar tus alabanzas correctamente.



Rosina

Women in red cloaks are almost always named after roses. You can call me Rosina. But if you really liked me, you wouldn't need to know much else. As a hooded genius I am mysterious and a true lover of mystery never attempts to unveil it.

Las mujeres que llevan capas rojas casi siempre tienen nombre de rosa. Puedes llamarme Rosina. Pero si realmente te gustase, no necesitarías saber más. Como soy cuculata, soy misteriosa, y quien verdaderamente ama el misterio no intenta desentrañarlo.



Arley

I had never thought of mystery that way, but what you say sounds true. Perhaps I should just adore you. I don´t know what to say. I was hoping I could come visiting and...

Nunca había pensado así en el misterio, pero lo que dices suena a verdad. Tal vez sólo debería adorarte. No se que decir. Esperaba poder venir a visitarte y….




Rosina

If you want to come into my house, you can. But you must put on a cloak with a hood first. And once you are inside, you must not speak to anybody, or interfere with what they are doing, or try to find out what they are about. Nobody speaks to anybody in there, or meddles in the affairs of others. We value our privacy over most else. 

Si quieres entrar en mi casa, puedes. Pero debes ponerte una capa con capucha primero. Y una vez dentro, no debes hablar con nadie, ni interferir con lo que están haciendo, ni intentar averiguar en que andan. Nadie habla con nadie ahí dentro, ni se mete en la vida de los otros.Valoramos nuestra intimidad sobre casi todo.


Arley

I couldn´t speak to you then? No? Could I at least contemplate you?

¿No podría hablar contigo entonces? ¿Al menos podría contemplarte?



Rosina

Everybody in there is all covered up and the only one that doesn´t wear black or grey is me. So I guess you could know which one I was. It´s not the usual thing, but if I don't complain, no one will stop you. However, I suspect you´d have other things to do than stare at me all day without saying a word. Not just anyone could do that. I don´t think I myself could. Are you ready for something like that? Look, I have to go. I´ve already spoken with you longer than I have with anyone in ages.

Todos ahí dentro están tapados y la única que no lleva negro o gris soy yo. Así que supongo que podrías saber cual soy. No es lo habitual, pero mientras yo no me queje, no creo que te lo impidan. Pero sospecho que acabarías teniendo otras cosas que hacer que clavar la mirada en mi todo el día sin decir ni mu. Para eso no sirve cualquiera. Yo misma creo que no podría vivir así. ¿Estás preparado para algo así? Mira, tengo que irme. Ya he hablado contigo más que con nadie en siglos.


Arley

In ages? Don´t you ever need to speak to anybody?

¿En siglos? ¿Nunca necesitas hablar con nadie?

 


Rosina

In fact, as far as I know, I might be the only one in there that does. I do need to speak to someone, for about two or three minutes every month or so. But once I have, I´m delighted to go back home and be by myself for another month. Listen, maybe you should give yourself time to think about all this. We´ll part as friends, and if you ever need me, you know where to find me. Here, have an apple. I grow bio-magical crops. My latest apples have turned out shrimpy and rather pale but they are marvellously healthy.

De hecho, por lo que yo sé, puede que sea la única de ahí dentro que a veces necesita hablar con alguien. Durante unos dos o tres minutos al mes, más o menos. Pero luego me vuelvo a casa encantada de estar sola durante otro mes. Escucha, tal vez deberías darte tiempo para pensar en todo esto. Nos despediremos como amigos, y si me necesitas, ya sabes dónde encontrarme. Ten, toma una manzana. Me dedico al cultivo biomágico. Esta vez las manzanas me han salido un poco canijas y bajas de color pero son maravillosamente sanas.


Arley

Goodbye, Rosina, I´ll be back in a month.

Adios, Rosina. Volveré en un mes.





Vinny

Now you have a girlfriend?

¿Ahora tienes novia?




Arley

I think we decided to be friends for the moment.

Creo que hemos quedado en ser amigos de momento.




Alpin

She talks too much. About time she´s gone. I finished eating up everything here a while ago. Look, if you decide to dump her, you are more than justified. I didn´t tell you before because you were like so in love with her, but the truth is there are better cooks. Well, maybe she doesn´t do the cooking herself but then that might mean she cooks even worse. Are you going to eat that apple?

Esa habla demasiado. Ya era hora de que se fuese. Hace rato que me he comido todo lo que había aquí. Mira, si decides olvidarla, estás más que justificado. No te lo dije antes porque te ví muy ilusionado, pero la verdad es que hay mejores cocineras. Bueno, a lo mejor no cocina ella, pero entonces podría cocinar todavía peor. ¿Te vas a comer esa manzana?





Vinny

Eat it, poet child. It is magical. It might cure your allergy for at least a year.

Cómetela, niño poeta. Es mágica. Puede que te cure la alergia al menos durante un año.




Arley

Arrggh! I must have grown allergic to apples!

¡Arrggh! ¡Debo haberme vuelto alérgico a las manzanas!




Alpin

Help! The Cucullati have poisoned Arley!

¡Socorro! ¡Los cuculatos han envenenado a Arley!




(Happy Book Day today! / ¡Feliz día del libro hoy!)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Comments are very welcome. Thank you. / ¡Hola! Los comentarios son muy bienvenidos.Gracias.

Labels

Advent Calendar/Calendario de adviento (25) Animal rights / Derechos de los Animales (6) Art / Arte (14) Astronomy / Astronomía (8) Australia /Australia (2) Authors (21) Birthdays / Cumpleaños (30) Carnival / Carnaval (4) Christmas / Navidad (36) Compositions / Redacciones (14) Condolences / Condolencias (5) Constitutionalism / Constitucionalismo (4) Contests / Concursos (2) Coronations/Coronaciones (1) Ecology / Ecología (3) Extracurricular Activities / Actividades Extraescolares (8) Feng Shui (8) Field Trips (1) Films / Películas (7) Geography / Geografía (3) Ghosts / Fantasmas (11) Grammar to Get by / Gramática para apañarse (66) Halloween / Noche de Ánimas (27) Health / Salud (2) History / Historia (32) Human Rights / Derechos Humanos (13) Inventions / Inventos (1) Ireland / Irlanda (9) Laws / Leyes (5) Legends / Leyendas (42) Listening / Escuchar (21) London / Londres (5) Maths / Matemáticas (4) Memes/Memes (2) Messages / Mensajes (4) Mini Calendar / Mini Calendario (10) Mini Mythology / Mini Mitología (77) Mini Zodiac / Mini Zodiaco (12) Mr. Eddy / El Señorito Eddy (5) Music (4) Music / Música (102) Needn´t Be Lost Causes / Causas No Necesariamente Perdidas (4) News / Noticias (25) Novels (6) Nursery Rhymes / Rimas para niños (16) Obituaries / Obituarios (6) Other Animals / Otros Animales (7) People/Gente (44) Plants / Plantas (11) Poems / Poesías (85) Poems / Recommended Reading / Lecturas Recomendadas (10) Poets/ Poetas (40) Precious and the Air / Preciosa y el Aire (4) Recipes / Recetas (19) Recommended Reading / Lecturas Recomendadas (22) Saints / Santos (22) Sayings and Saws and Proverbs and Quotes and Maxims / Dichos y refranes y proverbios y citas y máximas (9) Science / Ciencias (5) Scotland / Escocia (12) Shopping and gifts / Compras y regalos (7) Short Texts to Read / Breves textos que leer (24) Songs / Canciones (118) Speaking / Hablar (14) Special Days / Días Especiales (107) Sports / Deportes (9) Story report / ficha de un cuento (25) Tales of a Minced Forest/Cuentos del Bosque Triturado (120) Toora Chronicles / Crónicas Toora (245) Trailers (11) Valentine´s Day / Día de San Valentín (11) Vocabulary / Vocabulario (37) Wales / Gales (7) Winter /Invierno (1) Writing / Escribir (12)

Blogroll