English/Spanish blog from somewhere in La Mancha / Blog en inglés y español de un lugar de La Mancha

Welcome / Bienvenidos

Thanks for visiting us.
Gracias por visitarnos.
Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive

Friday 6 June 2008

Cheating /Chuletas


Sancho

I wouldn´t be true blue Spanish if I didn´t cheat during exams. So, I´m going to make myself a "chuleta." I wonder how you say that in English.

No sería español de pura cepa si no copiase en los exámenes. Así que voy a hacer una buena chuleta. Me pregunto como se dice chuleta en inglés.

Of course, I know "chuleta" means "steak". But I´m not going to make myself dinner. I´m going to cut a wee bit of paper and write something on it that I can copy during my final English test.

Claro que se que una "chuleta" es un "steak". Pero no voy a hacerme la cena. Voy a cortar un trocito enano de papel y escribir algo que pueda copiar durante mi examen final de Inglés.

I can´t ask Michael what the name for this kind of paper is in English. He´s sure to suspect I´m going to cheat.

No puedo preguntarle a Michael como se llama esta clase de papel en inglés. Seguro que sospecha que me voy a copiar.

First, paper and scissors.

Primero papel y tijeras.

There. That ought to be tiny enough.

Ahí. Ya debe ser lo suficientemente pequeña.

Now, pen.

Ahora, bolígrafo.

Now...What do I write on it?

Ahora...¿qué escribo en ella?

Come to think of it, there´s nothing I don´t know. I´ve studied everything I had to. I know all the irregular verbs. I can form the perfect tenses easily. I don´t need this thing. But...how can I go to a test without a "chuleta"? It wouldn´t feel right!

Ahora que lo pienso, no hay nada que no me sepa. He estudiado todo. Me sé todos los verbos irregulares. Puedo formar los tiempos perfectos sin problemas. No necesito esta cosa. Pero...¿como puedo ir a un examen sin una chuleta? No es lo suyo.




Don Quijote

If Michael catches you with that, he´ll mark your test with a zero. Be honest and throw it in the recycling bin.

Si Michael te pilla con eso te pondrá un cero en el examen. Sé honesto y tírala a la papelera de reciclaje.







Sancho

I´m not interested in the grade I get. I´m happy with what I´ve learned. That´s what´s really important! Even if I get a zero.

No me interesa la nota que saque. Estoy conforme con lo que he aprendido. Eso es lo realmente importante. Aunque saque un cero.







Don Quijote

Recycle the "chuleta" then. Not everyone Spanish cheats. I never have.

Entonces recicla la chuleta. No todos los españoles se copian. Yo nunca lo he hecho.







Alpin

The name for "chuleta" is cheat sheet. You can also say "crib" or "trot."

"Chuleta" se dice "cheat sheet." También puedes decir "crib" o "trot."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Comments are very welcome. Thank you. / ¡Hola! Los comentarios son muy bienvenidos.Gracias.

Labels

Advent Calendar/Calendario de adviento (25) Animal rights / Derechos de los Animales (6) Art / Arte (14) Astronomy / Astronomía (8) Australia /Australia (2) Authors (21) Birthdays / Cumpleaños (30) Carnival / Carnaval (4) Christmas / Navidad (36) Compositions / Redacciones (14) Condolences / Condolencias (5) Constitutionalism / Constitucionalismo (4) Contests / Concursos (2) Coronations/Coronaciones (1) Ecology / Ecología (3) Extracurricular Activities / Actividades Extraescolares (8) Feng Shui (8) Field Trips (1) Films / Películas (7) Geography / Geografía (3) Ghosts / Fantasmas (11) Grammar to Get by / Gramática para apañarse (66) Halloween / Noche de Ánimas (27) Health / Salud (2) History / Historia (32) Human Rights / Derechos Humanos (13) Inventions / Inventos (1) Ireland / Irlanda (9) Laws / Leyes (5) Legends / Leyendas (41) Listening / Escuchar (20) London / Londres (5) Maths / Matemáticas (4) Memes/Memes (2) Messages / Mensajes (4) Mini Calendar / Mini Calendario (10) Mini Mythology / Mini Mitología (77) Mini Zodiac / Mini Zodiaco (12) Mr. Eddy / El Señorito Eddy (5) Music (3) Music / Música (101) Needn´t Be Lost Causes / Causas No Necesariamente Perdidas (4) News / Noticias (25) Novels (6) Nursery Rhymes / Rimas para niños (16) Obituaries / Obituarios (6) Other Animals / Otros Animales (7) People/Gente (44) Plants / Plantas (11) Poems / Poesías (84) Poems / Recommended Reading / Lecturas Recomendadas (10) Poets/ Poetas (40) Precious and the Air / Preciosa y el Aire (4) Recipes / Recetas (19) Recommended Reading / Lecturas Recomendadas (22) Saints / Santos (22) Sayings and Saws and Proverbs and Quotes and Maxims / Dichos y refranes y proverbios y citas y máximas (9) Science / Ciencias (5) Scotland / Escocia (12) Shopping and gifts / Compras y regalos (7) Short Texts to Read / Breves textos que leer (24) Songs / Canciones (117) Speaking / Hablar (14) Special Days / Días Especiales (107) Sports / Deportes (9) Story report / ficha de un cuento (25) Tales of a Minced Forest/Cuentos del Bosque Triturado (118) Toora Chronicles / Crónicas Toora (245) Trailers (11) Valentine´s Day / Día de San Valentín (11) Vocabulary / Vocabulario (37) Wales / Gales (7) Winter /Invierno (1) Writing / Escribir (12)

Blogroll